5 Ways Philanthropy Keeps You Healthy
BY Neal Broverman
November 01 2012 3:03 AM ET
Those who introduce philanthropy into their lives often experience fewer bouts of depression. It likely has to do with the added sense of purpose and shifting focus to alleviating others’ problems instead of fixating on one’s own.
Tags: Current Issue
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Hagel's Exit Leaves Unfinished Business For LGBT Military Members, Advocates