5 Ways Philanthropy Keeps You Healthy
BY Neal Broverman
November 01 2012 3:03 AM ET
Researchers recently looked at a group of seniors volunteering at a Baltimore elementary school. Over the course of eight months, their walking and stair-climbing speed improved, and compared with those who didn’t volunteer, participants reported fewer hours of TV viewing, which often correlates to better health.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View