5 Ways Philanthropy Keeps You Healthy
BY Neal Broverman
November 01 2012 4:03 AM ET
Signing up for a cancer walk or an HIV bike ride requires exercise and, in the latter case, training. There’s also the social benefit to volunteering. You’re exposed to like-minded people who often become new friends—a verified stress reliever and life extender.
Above: Jeff Smith (right) kisses his partner, Darren Nystrom (left), before beginning the annual AIDS/LifeCycle event in San Francisco, California.
Not sure where to begin? Try VolunteerMatch.org or Idealist.org.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun