5 Ways Philanthropy Keeps You Healthy
BY Neal Broverman
November 01 2012 4:03 AM ET
Signing up for a cancer walk or an HIV bike ride requires exercise and, in the latter case, training. There’s also the social benefit to volunteering. You’re exposed to like-minded people who often become new friends—a verified stress reliever and life extender.
Above: Jeff Smith (right) kisses his partner, Darren Nystrom (left), before beginning the annual AIDS/LifeCycle event in San Francisco, California.
Not sure where to begin? Try VolunteerMatch.org or Idealist.org.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM