Gayest Cities in America, 2013
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
6. Salt Lake City (pop. 189,899) Last year’s gayest city isn’t exactly country, but you’d never know by visiting the Trapp (TheTrappSLC.com), a welcoming, wood-paneled bar that serves cocktails in jam jars. Though many clubs are very quiet during the week, on the weekends the college crowd and queers from all over the metropolitan area descend on Jam (JamSLC.com) and Paper Moon (Facebook.com/PaperMoonSLC). Sugar House is a gay-friendly hood, and the Tower Theatre (SaltLakeFilmSociety.org) has long been an LGBT meeting spot and cultural touchstone.
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion