Gayest Cities in America, 2013
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
1. Tacoma, Wash. (pop. 200,678)
Book a charming B&B, dine at the gay-owned Pacific Grill (PacificGrillTacoma.com), and dance the night away at The Mix (TheMixTacoma.com), and you’ve got a great recipe for a Northwest honeymoon. The center of LGBT life in Tacoma is the St. Helens District, where the nightlife is plentiful, with some venues rivaling nearby Seattle’s. When the indoor fun is done, the environs offer stunning forests and oceans in fairy-tale settings. Consider visiting in July, when the weather is great and Tacoma celebrates pride at Out in the Park (OutInTacoma.com).
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide