Gayest Cities in America, 2013
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
12. Providence, R.I. (pop. 178,053) Three schools (Brown, Rhode Island School of Design, and Johnson & Wales) bring in the LGBT and LGBT-friendly students who help make this small city so gay and so unstuffy in a non–New England-y kind of way. The gay haunts are easily navigable but no less cool for the city’s size. Guys and gals alike will go nuts for Providence Roller Derby (ProvidenceRollerDerby.com) Also, the city’s former mayor, out 51-year-old David Cicilline, was elected to his second term in Congress.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- WATCH: To Rand Paul, Marriage Equality Signals 'Moral Crisis'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills