Gayest Cities in America, 2013
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
11. Oakland, Calif. (pop. 395,817) Cali’s seventh largest city is across the bay from “The City,” and while it’s seriously hard to compete with San Francisco’s LGBT cred, Oakland is no less vibrant yet more diverse and affordable. In fact, it boasts more lesbian couples per capita than any other major American city and ranks third in gay- and lesbian-headed households, after San Francisco and Seattle. This city has students, families, funky gays, an annual Black Pride and Black LGBT Film Festival (BlackLGBTFilmFest.com), and the East Bay Front Runners (EastBayFrontRunners.org), so you can see the scenic bay while burning off the calories consumed at the super-popular White Horse Bar (WhiteHorseBar.com) the night before.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- ISIS Propaganda Claims Gays Are 'Pedophiles,' 'Animals'
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting