Gayest Cities in America, 2013
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
10. Twin Cities, Minn. (pop. 676,201) The formerly “just roommates” cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are now fully domestic partners and have become a Midwestern gay mecca, and it’s not just because of pro-LGBT senator Al Franken. It might have something to do with early antidiscrimination ordinances, a no-nonsense attitude, the hunky Mayhem rugby team (MayhemRFC.com), and the Town House Bar (TownHouseBar.com), popular with the ladies. (Don’t even try to resist the Mall of America — you’ll need a car to get there and lots of trunk space to haul your wares home.)
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.