Gayest Cities in America, 2013
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
10. Twin Cities, Minn. (pop. 676,201) The formerly “just roommates” cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are now fully domestic partners and have become a Midwestern gay mecca, and it’s not just because of pro-LGBT senator Al Franken. It might have something to do with early antidiscrimination ordinances, a no-nonsense attitude, the hunky Mayhem rugby team (MayhemRFC.com), and the Town House Bar (TownHouseBar.com), popular with the ladies. (Don’t even try to resist the Mall of America — you’ll need a car to get there and lots of trunk space to haul your wares home.)
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism