For a Fiesta, Remember San Antonio
BY Trudy Ring
April 18 2013 4:00 AM ET
San Antonio offers ample LGBT-centric places to party. Downtown is the Bonham Exchange (pictured above; BonhamExchange.net); it’s a dance club in a historic building with daily drink specials and a weekly comedy contest. Farther afield, there’s a concentration of gay clubs along North Main Avenue. They include Heat (HeatSA.com), a hopping video and dance club that also has drag shows; Sparky’s Pub (SparkysPub.com), with a mellow, British-style atmosphere; and Pegasus Nightclub (PegasusSanAntonio.com), four bars in one, with karaoke, video, leather, and country venues. A bit farther north, on Coachlight Street, is the new and popular SA Country Saloon (visit its Facebook page). These clubs all have a mostly gay clientele, but they’re welcoming to lesbians, trans and straight folks, and everyone else.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'