For a Fiesta, Remember San Antonio
BY Trudy Ring
April 18 2013 4:00 AM ET
San Antonio offers ample LGBT-centric places to party. Downtown is the Bonham Exchange (pictured above; BonhamExchange.net); it’s a dance club in a historic building with daily drink specials and a weekly comedy contest. Farther afield, there’s a concentration of gay clubs along North Main Avenue. They include Heat (HeatSA.com), a hopping video and dance club that also has drag shows; Sparky’s Pub (SparkysPub.com), with a mellow, British-style atmosphere; and Pegasus Nightclub (PegasusSanAntonio.com), four bars in one, with karaoke, video, leather, and country venues. A bit farther north, on Coachlight Street, is the new and popular SA Country Saloon (visit its Facebook page). These clubs all have a mostly gay clientele, but they’re welcoming to lesbians, trans and straight folks, and everyone else.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments