The A-List Interview: Joel McHale
BY Brandon Voss
April 18 2013 4:01 AM ET
The dean constantly flirts with your character. Do guys ever hit on you?
Much like in Say Anything, guys usually stand outside my house with a boombox over their head blasting the Indigo Girls. Actually, guys sometimes will tweet me, “I’m in L.A. Staying at such-and-such hotel. What do you think?” Of course, it all depends on the quality of the hotel. Back when I had just moved to L.A., before I was on any show, I was meeting a friend at a bar connected to this restaurant we went to. When I got there, I was the only one in the bar. While I was messing with my phone, I didn’t notice the whole bar fill up with men. Guys kept coming up, asking, “What’s going on, man?” I figured they’d seen the commercials I was in. Then I realized that these men were coming on to me because I was alone in a gay bar.
What’s the best way for a straight man to handle that situation?
Just a very quick, courteous blowjob.
You once told The Advocate that some people believe you are gay because you dress so well.
Oh, I still see that on Twitter every day. It’s flattering. I always find it really weird when guys flip out over someone thinking they might be gay. If a guy gets offended by that, there’s something’s wrong with him. I take it as a compliment.
Do you have a dude crush?
Ooh, boy, I have so many. Josh Gad. Brian Williams. Patrick Stewart. Nathan Fillion. Kobe Bryant. Chaz Bono.
OK, now you’re just saying names.
Maybe. I’m not picky.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 2 hours 55 min ago
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM