I Advocate: Eric Andrews-Katz
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 28 2013 3:00 AM ET
I’ve worked with many organizations over the years, but for me, Rosehedge/Multifaith Works is the little engine that does. At several locations around Seattle, it provides housing and daily assistance to people with HIV or AIDS who also struggle with mental illness, substance dependency, or dementia. It’s a Seattle organization and focuses on the immediate community; that’s very important to me. I know that when I help out with Rosehedge/Multifaith Works, I will be able to see the difference created within my city. It takes excellent care of the Seattle inhabitants who desperately need the help but who often get overlooked by society. Rosehedge.org
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Book Excerpt: Richard Blanco's First 'San Giving'