You Just Said Yes, Now What?
BY Daniel W.K. Lee
July 01 2013 3:00 AM ET
6 MONTHS TO GO
Send save-the-date cards
Kerry Amidon of OutVite.com, an online supplier of customized invitations, announcements, stationery, and holiday cards for the LGBT community, notes that save-the-date cards can be sent “six months to a year before the wedding date, and are invaluable if you plan to invite long-distance guests or if your wedding is planned for a popular vacation time.”
Finalize the florist and flowers
“Bring pictures of the look you want to achieve,” recommends lesbian florist Jessy Wolvek of Fleurs NYC. That said, flowers are seasonal, so don’t expect peonies (which bloom in spring) for a fall wedding. And if your budget is about the essentials, Wolvek says you need “two arrangements for the ceremony that can be reused for the dinner, personal flowers for the wedding party, centerpieces for the tables, a large piece for your escort cards that should be used in the cocktail hour, and only votive candles on the cocktail tables. No one sees small pieces in a large room — better to use a large piece during cocktails with tons of candlelight.”
Begin honeymoon preparations
Before you make your honeymoon destination wish list, is your passport is up-to-date? After you’ve made your short list, research visa requirements and recommended immunizations.
Hire transportation (limos, town cars, etc.), address lighting needs and extra seating, book outdoor toilets and other equipment if necessary.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 44 min 44 sec ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 1 hour 7 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 1 hour 15 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 1 hour 23 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 1 hour 25 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 1 hour 33 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2 hours 20 min ago