You Just Said Yes, Now What?
BY Daniel W.K. Lee
July 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
2 MONTHS TO GO
Follow up with vendors
Have a walk-through with photographer and discuss the desired shots; deliver wish list of songs to your band or DJ.
1 MONTH TO GO
Confirm guest status
Review RSVPs and call those who have yet to respond.
Procure marriage license
Depending on where you live, this may or may not be necessary, but if you are applying for one, get multiple copies!
Draw the table layout on a large poster board and write names on small sticky notes so you can rearrange people at will until the arrangement is satisfactory.
Purchase wedding party gifts
Give these ample thought, consideration and time, especially if you are getting anything personalized. Present them at the rehearsal dinner.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- WATCH: Bruce LaBruce at MoMA