You Just Said Yes, Now What?
BY Daniel W.K. Lee
July 01 2013 3:00 AM ET
1 WEEK OR LESS TO GO
Touch base with vendors
Follow up with all vendors, particularly on arrival times for hair and makeup artists; send final guest list to caterer. Reconfirm! Reconfirm! Reconfirm!
Arrange final vendor payments
Cut checks and place tips in separate envelopes for each vendor. Try to pay as many vendors as you can before the day of the wedding, so money is the last thing you need to think about.
Delegate wedding day tasks
Put your wedding party to use! Assign different members as point people for each vendor; this way, all of the pressure is not on any one person.
Make a wedding party cheat sheet
Create and distribute a contact list for everyone in the wedding party that includes their delegated day-of tasks so everyone knows who can address which concerns.
THE BIG DAY
Enjoy! You worked hard for this! Congrats!
- World World Bank President Withdraws From Panel on 'Economic Impact of Homophobia' 20 min ago
- Transgender Google's International Women's Day Doodle Includes Trans Women 26 min 7 sec ago
- Sports College Swimmer Comes Out to Religious Mom 45 min 44 sec ago
- Media CNN to Test New Don Lemon Prime-Time Show 59 min 38 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Christian Pastors Involved in African LGBT Issues — But Not How You May Think 1 hour 15 min ago
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 1 hour 27 min ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 1 hour 44 min ago