You Just Said Yes, Now What?
BY Daniel W.K. Lee
July 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
1 WEEK OR LESS TO GO
Touch base with vendors
Follow up with all vendors, particularly on arrival times for hair and makeup artists; send final guest list to caterer. Reconfirm! Reconfirm! Reconfirm!
Arrange final vendor payments
Cut checks and place tips in separate envelopes for each vendor. Try to pay as many vendors as you can before the day of the wedding, so money is the last thing you need to think about.
Delegate wedding day tasks
Put your wedding party to use! Assign different members as point people for each vendor; this way, all of the pressure is not on any one person.
Make a wedding party cheat sheet
Create and distribute a contact list for everyone in the wedding party that includes their delegated day-of tasks so everyone knows who can address which concerns.
THE BIG DAY
Enjoy! You worked hard for this! Congrats!
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers