You Just Said Yes, Now What?
BY Daniel W.K. Lee
July 01 2013 3:00 AM ET
1 WEEK OR LESS TO GO
Touch base with vendors
Follow up with all vendors, particularly on arrival times for hair and makeup artists; send final guest list to caterer. Reconfirm! Reconfirm! Reconfirm!
Arrange final vendor payments
Cut checks and place tips in separate envelopes for each vendor. Try to pay as many vendors as you can before the day of the wedding, so money is the last thing you need to think about.
Delegate wedding day tasks
Put your wedding party to use! Assign different members as point people for each vendor; this way, all of the pressure is not on any one person.
Make a wedding party cheat sheet
Create and distribute a contact list for everyone in the wedding party that includes their delegated day-of tasks so everyone knows who can address which concerns.
THE BIG DAY
Enjoy! You worked hard for this! Congrats!
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 25 min ago
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 42 min 5 sec ago
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 50 min 37 sec ago
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 1 hour 15 min ago
- Film WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online 1 hour 18 min ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 1 hour 51 min ago
- Media Michelle Malkin Sells Twitter Aggregator to Christian Media Company 1 hour 55 min ago