I Advocate: Jeffrey Self
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2013 4:00 AM ET
...Starstruck, By Rachel Shukert. The first installment of Rachel Shukert's new young adult novel series revolves around a group of girls in the studio system during the Golden Age of Hollywood. Now, I know what you're thinking: a book written for and about teenage girls? Calm down and stop pretending like you don't have a favorite member of One Direction. This book is the closest thing to Valley of the Dolls since the final season of The Anna Nicole Show. It is a juicy, campy, brilliantly written page-turner, perfect to read this summer with a couple of your favorite pills.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Right-Wing Ad: Marriage Equality Will Cause Freedom's 'Extinction'
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- This Black Trans Man Is in Prison for Killing His Rapist