I Advocate: Jeffrey Self
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2013 3:00 AM ET
...Starstruck, By Rachel Shukert. The first installment of Rachel Shukert's new young adult novel series revolves around a group of girls in the studio system during the Golden Age of Hollywood. Now, I know what you're thinking: a book written for and about teenage girls? Calm down and stop pretending like you don't have a favorite member of One Direction. This book is the closest thing to Valley of the Dolls since the final season of The Anna Nicole Show. It is a juicy, campy, brilliantly written page-turner, perfect to read this summer with a couple of your favorite pills.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Hagel's Exit Leaves Unfinished Business For LGBT Military Members, Advocates