BY Savas Abadsidis
September 04 2013 5:00 AM ET
Innovation is central to the LGBT experience. Whereas many of our non-queer counterparts were often able to move in well-worn paths through the worlds of commerce and business, LGBTs have long had to carve out places for ourselves.
Being out often meant being an outsider, and being an outsider often meant a choice: either remove ourselves from the world of business, or innovate, create, and take part in new and unexpected ways. And that outsider perspective can be instrumental in finding ways to innovate.
These LGBT innovators are making our world brighter, fairer, and more interesting by half.
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- Armond White: The Long Day Closes Is The Greatest Gay Film Ever Made