The Experts Assign Some Honeymoon Homework
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 01 2013 5:00 AM ET
Don’t let anyone tell you that putting together a wedding isn’t hard work. With a bit of planning, a honeymoon can be a way to unwind after the stress and get some alone time with your sweetheart. And a little bit of preparation can make the honeymoon even more enjoyable for you both.
Vance Michael Soto, president of Ole Henriksen Face and Body Spa in West Hollywood, offers some advice for your one-on-one wedding celebration:
“Two weeks prior, visit your favorite spa for a facial, like our Power Peel. Let them poke around on your face, cleanse, moisturize, maybe even up your eyebrows. Clean, fresh, exfoliated skin will always allow deeper penetration of your skincare products, and while traveling, you will be thankful to have that elevated level of protection to combat environmental damage, impurities, and stress. Can’t get to the spa? Don’t stress it. Pick up the Ole Henriksen Lemon Strip Flash Peel ($48) for at-home use and do it one week prior.
“Whether you plan on showing skin or not, it’s good to be prepared. A salt scrub will help with breakouts and will give your skin a soft, supple feel — very handy when you’re in a Speedo or bikini. If you’re headed to a cool climate, a scrub helps by removing dead skin, which will help your body lotions and potions penetrate deeper. If you can’t get to the spa, just grab some Ole Henriksen Rub n’ Buff ($48) and go to town in the shower a few days prior.
- Theater PHOTOS: Terrence McNally's Mothers and Sons 13 min 18 sec ago
- Religion Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People 28 min 5 sec ago
- Travel Drag Race: NASCAR's Biggest Gay Fan on the Vegas Cup Race 30 min 15 sec ago
- Television Looking Back: Where Things Stand Heading Into Season 2 37 min 19 sec ago
- Art WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old 50 min 46 sec ago
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 10:28 AM
- Comedy WATCH: 'Not Looking' Episode 1 10:23 AM