The Experts Assign Some Honeymoon Homework
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 01 2013 5:00 AM ET
Don’t let anyone tell you that putting together a wedding isn’t hard work. With a bit of planning, a honeymoon can be a way to unwind after the stress and get some alone time with your sweetheart. And a little bit of preparation can make the honeymoon even more enjoyable for you both.
Vance Michael Soto, president of Ole Henriksen Face and Body Spa in West Hollywood, offers some advice for your one-on-one wedding celebration:
“Two weeks prior, visit your favorite spa for a facial, like our Power Peel. Let them poke around on your face, cleanse, moisturize, maybe even up your eyebrows. Clean, fresh, exfoliated skin will always allow deeper penetration of your skincare products, and while traveling, you will be thankful to have that elevated level of protection to combat environmental damage, impurities, and stress. Can’t get to the spa? Don’t stress it. Pick up the Ole Henriksen Lemon Strip Flash Peel ($48) for at-home use and do it one week prior.
“Whether you plan on showing skin or not, it’s good to be prepared. A salt scrub will help with breakouts and will give your skin a soft, supple feel — very handy when you’re in a Speedo or bikini. If you’re headed to a cool climate, a scrub helps by removing dead skin, which will help your body lotions and potions penetrate deeper. If you can’t get to the spa, just grab some Ole Henriksen Rub n’ Buff ($48) and go to town in the shower a few days prior.
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM