The Experts Assign Some Honeymoon Homework
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 01 2013 5:00 AM ET
Don’t let anyone tell you that putting together a wedding isn’t hard work. With a bit of planning, a honeymoon can be a way to unwind after the stress and get some alone time with your sweetheart. And a little bit of preparation can make the honeymoon even more enjoyable for you both.
Vance Michael Soto, president of Ole Henriksen Face and Body Spa in West Hollywood, offers some advice for your one-on-one wedding celebration:
“Two weeks prior, visit your favorite spa for a facial, like our Power Peel. Let them poke around on your face, cleanse, moisturize, maybe even up your eyebrows. Clean, fresh, exfoliated skin will always allow deeper penetration of your skincare products, and while traveling, you will be thankful to have that elevated level of protection to combat environmental damage, impurities, and stress. Can’t get to the spa? Don’t stress it. Pick up the Ole Henriksen Lemon Strip Flash Peel ($48) for at-home use and do it one week prior.
“Whether you plan on showing skin or not, it’s good to be prepared. A salt scrub will help with breakouts and will give your skin a soft, supple feel — very handy when you’re in a Speedo or bikini. If you’re headed to a cool climate, a scrub helps by removing dead skin, which will help your body lotions and potions penetrate deeper. If you can’t get to the spa, just grab some Ole Henriksen Rub n’ Buff ($48) and go to town in the shower a few days prior.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM