Author: What I Advocate This Month
BY Advocate Contributors
November 18 2011 5:00 AM ET
…Vermont road-builders. At 7 a.m. August 29, the morning after Hurricane Irene surprised upstate New York and Vermont with an inland tsunami, local heroes hurried out to assess damage. Strafford, the town where we stay some weekends, was reduced to one road out of town, but all over Vermont road crews and volunteers worked tirelessly to get to the stranded and open medical emergency routes. They stayed cheerful and diligent. And I’m told that a lot of them are cute.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Antigay Kentucky Clerk Makes Emergency Appeal to Supreme Court
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'