Author: What I Advocate This Month
BY Advocate Contributors
November 18 2011 5:00 AM ET
…Vermont road-builders. At 7 a.m. August 29, the morning after Hurricane Irene surprised upstate New York and Vermont with an inland tsunami, local heroes hurried out to assess damage. Strafford, the town where we stay some weekends, was reduced to one road out of town, but all over Vermont road crews and volunteers worked tirelessly to get to the stranded and open medical emergency routes. They stayed cheerful and diligent. And I’m told that a lot of them are cute.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument