Dan Bucatinsky: I Advocate...
BY Dan Bucatinsky
May 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
…Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute When my husband and I decided that adoption was the best option for us to start our family, we were immediately filled with hope and expectation but also dizzy with questions, concerns, preconceptions, and fears. Luckily for us, we were adopting in California, where both parents in a same-sex couple can legally adopt together. With our adoption attorney and social workers at a child services agency, we had a great network of support through the challenging process. We need strong advocates and leadership to improve adoption laws and services in this country. Since its establishment in 1996, the Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute has been the preeminent independent voice providing leadership and support to improve laws, policies, and practices—through sound research, education, and advocacy—to enhance the lives of everyone touched by adoption. AdoptionInstitute.org
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- STUDY: Gay Sex Helps Humans Bond and Survive
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary