Dan Bucatinsky: I Advocate...
BY Dan Bucatinsky
May 18 2012 6:00 AM ET
…Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute When my husband and I decided that adoption was the best option for us to start our family, we were immediately filled with hope and expectation but also dizzy with questions, concerns, preconceptions, and fears. Luckily for us, we were adopting in California, where both parents in a same-sex couple can legally adopt together. With our adoption attorney and social workers at a child services agency, we had a great network of support through the challenging process. We need strong advocates and leadership to improve adoption laws and services in this country. Since its establishment in 1996, the Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute has been the preeminent independent voice providing leadership and support to improve laws, policies, and practices—through sound research, education, and advocacy—to enhance the lives of everyone touched by adoption. AdoptionInstitute.org
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Alaska High Schooler: Congressman's Apology 'Doesn't Mean Crap'
- WATCH: Ellen Predicts the World Series With Male Strippers
- Op-ed: There's No Christian Case for Raising Cash for Homophobes