Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 1
BY Advocate Contributors
May 15 2012 6:00 AM ET
Because Idahoans won’t take no for an answer
Though Idaho’s GOP lawmakers shut down efforts to get sexual orientation and gender identity added to the state’s antidiscrimination policy, the Add the Words campaign collected sticky notes with “add the words” from all over state, signaling a resurgence in LGBT activism across the state. Idaho’s only openly gay legislator, Sen. Nicole LeFavour (a former wilderness firefighter), is fighting to rep Idaho in Congress next year, and 22-year-old Nate Murphy (pictured) is campaigning to be become the second out gay candidate to win a seat in the Idaho legislature. Meanwhile, Add the Words activists continue to peacefully post sticky notes on glass doors in the state Capitol and camp outside in protest.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'