Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 1
BY Advocate Contributors
May 15 2012 6:00 AM ET
Because it’s in his kiss
After shouting over then–GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum, Timothy Tross and Ben Clifford sucked face to the horror and fascination of 2,100 people attending a campaign event at Christian Liberty Academy in Arlington Heights, Ill., in March. Guards soon booted them, while the crowd strangely chanted “USA.” Tross and Clifford won’t say whether they are gay — they claim their orientation isn’t the point, Santorum’s antigay rhetoric is.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?