Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 1
BY Advocate Contributors
May 15 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because it’s in his kiss
After shouting over then–GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum, Timothy Tross and Ben Clifford sucked face to the horror and fascination of 2,100 people attending a campaign event at Christian Liberty Academy in Arlington Heights, Ill., in March. Guards soon booted them, while the crowd strangely chanted “USA.” Tross and Clifford won’t say whether they are gay — they claim their orientation isn’t the point, Santorum’s antigay rhetoric is.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit December 09 2013 9:41 PM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM