Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 1
BY Advocate Contributors
May 15 2012 6:00 AM ET
Because it’s in his kiss
After shouting over then–GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum, Timothy Tross and Ben Clifford sucked face to the horror and fascination of 2,100 people attending a campaign event at Christian Liberty Academy in Arlington Heights, Ill., in March. Guards soon booted them, while the crowd strangely chanted “USA.” Tross and Clifford won’t say whether they are gay — they claim their orientation isn’t the point, Santorum’s antigay rhetoric is.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- 33 Famous Gay Dads for Father's Day
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality