Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 1
BY Advocate Contributors
May 15 2012 6:00 AM ET
Because out male stars are finally catching up with the ladies
For so long, Ellen, Rosie, Martina, and k.d. were out and proud, while gay male celebrities were a little more reticent. Maybe it took a few years to feel the Neil Patrick Harris effect, but now White Collar’s Matt Bomer, Star Trek’s Zachary Quinto, and Modern Family’s Jesse Tyler Ferguson — all guys at the peak of their careers — speak publicly about their husbands or boyfriends, and, in some cases, their kids.
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again