Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 1
BY Advocate Contributors
May 15 2012 6:00 AM ET
Because out male stars are finally catching up with the ladies
For so long, Ellen, Rosie, Martina, and k.d. were out and proud, while gay male celebrities were a little more reticent. Maybe it took a few years to feel the Neil Patrick Harris effect, but now White Collar’s Matt Bomer, Star Trek’s Zachary Quinto, and Modern Family’s Jesse Tyler Ferguson — all guys at the peak of their careers — speak publicly about their husbands or boyfriends, and, in some cases, their kids.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Past '40 Under 40' Honorees Are Still Changing The World
- 40 Under 40: Emerging Voices | Advocate.com
- With Kimberley McLeod, LGBT Women of Color Make Their Own Spotlight
- Who Influences Our Influential 40 Under 40?