Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 1
BY Advocate Contributors
May 15 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because out male stars are finally catching up with the ladies
For so long, Ellen, Rosie, Martina, and k.d. were out and proud, while gay male celebrities were a little more reticent. Maybe it took a few years to feel the Neil Patrick Harris effect, but now White Collar’s Matt Bomer, Star Trek’s Zachary Quinto, and Modern Family’s Jesse Tyler Ferguson — all guys at the peak of their careers — speak publicly about their husbands or boyfriends, and, in some cases, their kids.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment