Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
Because documentaries are actually good
Thanks to Netflix, cable, and crowdfunding websites like Kickstarter and Indie-gogo, LGBT and HIV docs are finally getting major attention. Bully fought the MPAA to make it to a wider audience; Positive Youth, about young people affected by HIV, is currently airing on Logo; and TransBeats, which documents the lives of transgender musicians including StormMiguel Florez, Mina Caputo, and D’Loco Kid, may hit TV soon, now that producer Michael Simon has teamed up with brothers Harry and Joe Gantz, the creators of HBO series Taxicab Confessions, to give life to his passion project.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Might Even Antonin Scalia Say Kim Davis Should Resign?