Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 3:00 AM ET
Because documentaries are actually good
Thanks to Netflix, cable, and crowdfunding websites like Kickstarter and Indie-gogo, LGBT and HIV docs are finally getting major attention. Bully fought the MPAA to make it to a wider audience; Positive Youth, about young people affected by HIV, is currently airing on Logo; and TransBeats, which documents the lives of transgender musicians including StormMiguel Florez, Mina Caputo, and D’Loco Kid, may hit TV soon, now that producer Michael Simon has teamed up with brothers Harry and Joe Gantz, the creators of HBO series Taxicab Confessions, to give life to his passion project.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment