Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
Because documentaries are actually good
Thanks to Netflix, cable, and crowdfunding websites like Kickstarter and Indie-gogo, LGBT and HIV docs are finally getting major attention. Bully fought the MPAA to make it to a wider audience; Positive Youth, about young people affected by HIV, is currently airing on Logo; and TransBeats, which documents the lives of transgender musicians including StormMiguel Florez, Mina Caputo, and D’Loco Kid, may hit TV soon, now that producer Michael Simon has teamed up with brothers Harry and Joe Gantz, the creators of HBO series Taxicab Confessions, to give life to his passion project.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'