Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
Because Broadway’s our stage
End of the Rainbow, about the final months of Judy Garland’s life, features Michael Cumpsty as her gay pianist. Michael Esper plays an emotionally damaged son in dysfunctional family comedy The Lyons. John Larroquette is the architect of a smear campaign in a revival of Gore Vidal’s The Best Man, about a presidential nominating convention where one candidate is accused of being gay. Ricky Martin (pictured) brings his wattage to the role of Che in Evita. Harvey Fierstein rewrote the Newsies movie for the stage. And the superstar musical producer duo of Craig Zadan and Neil Meron are behind the current revival of How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out