Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
Because Broadway’s our stage
End of the Rainbow, about the final months of Judy Garland’s life, features Michael Cumpsty as her gay pianist. Michael Esper plays an emotionally damaged son in dysfunctional family comedy The Lyons. John Larroquette is the architect of a smear campaign in a revival of Gore Vidal’s The Best Man, about a presidential nominating convention where one candidate is accused of being gay. Ricky Martin (pictured) brings his wattage to the role of Che in Evita. Harvey Fierstein rewrote the Newsies movie for the stage. And the superstar musical producer duo of Craig Zadan and Neil Meron are behind the current revival of How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Greg Louganis on Caitlyn Jenner: 'We All Have Our Own Journeys'