Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
Because even our clothes want equal rights
Clothing company Revenge Is… celebrated the federal appeals court ruling stating that Proposition 8 is unconstitutional, by distributing T-shirts that read “All Love Is Equal” on street corners in West Hollywood. Soon the eco-tees (made partly from recycled plastic bottles) were everywhere from Occupy Portland to the backs of dozens of celebs, including Dancing With the Stars’ Chelsea Hightower, Charlotte Ross, Michelle Lee, and Josie Loren. Even better: 5% of net sales of the tees (RevengeIs.com) go to Marriage Equality USA.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Op-ed: Dear Cardinal Raymond Burke, I Am Your Gay Blood
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor