Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
Because even our clothes want equal rights
Clothing company Revenge Is… celebrated the federal appeals court ruling stating that Proposition 8 is unconstitutional, by distributing T-shirts that read “All Love Is Equal” on street corners in West Hollywood. Soon the eco-tees (made partly from recycled plastic bottles) were everywhere from Occupy Portland to the backs of dozens of celebs, including Dancing With the Stars’ Chelsea Hightower, Charlotte Ross, Michelle Lee, and Josie Loren. Even better: 5% of net sales of the tees (RevengeIs.com) go to Marriage Equality USA.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'