Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 3
BY Advocate Contributors
May 17 2012 5:15 AM ET
Because our lives still provide great film roles
Cinema’s Harry Potter, Daniel Radcliffe, continues to stretch past his iconic boy wizard character with his portrayal of another literary icon, poet Allen Ginsberg, in the upcoming true-crime tale Kill Your Darlings (pictured) from out director John Krokidas. Two-time Oscar nominee Viola Davis may finally make it to the awards podium when she takes on the challenging role of Congresswoman Barbara Jordan in a yet-to-be-titled film biography of the lesbian civil rights and feminist icon. Another renowned actor who has never shied from tackling difficult characters is Tom Wilkinson. After his widely acclaimed turn as a transgender woman in HBO’s Normal, the respected Brit now steals scenes in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel as a gay man who searches for the Indian man he loved 40 years before and who was ruined by the scandal.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt