Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 3
BY Advocate Contributors
May 17 2012 5:15 AM ET
Because our lives still provide great film roles
Cinema’s Harry Potter, Daniel Radcliffe, continues to stretch past his iconic boy wizard character with his portrayal of another literary icon, poet Allen Ginsberg, in the upcoming true-crime tale Kill Your Darlings (pictured) from out director John Krokidas. Two-time Oscar nominee Viola Davis may finally make it to the awards podium when she takes on the challenging role of Congresswoman Barbara Jordan in a yet-to-be-titled film biography of the lesbian civil rights and feminist icon. Another renowned actor who has never shied from tackling difficult characters is Tom Wilkinson. After his widely acclaimed turn as a transgender woman in HBO’s Normal, the respected Brit now steals scenes in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel as a gay man who searches for the Indian man he loved 40 years before and who was ruined by the scandal.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- S.C. Fans Show Lack Of Creativity, Smarts in Michael Sam Posters