Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 3
BY Advocate Contributors
May 17 2012 4:15 AM ET
Because Rizzoli and Isles are the best lesbian cops on TV ever, they just don’t know it
Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander are the titular duo on TNT’s tentpole series Rizzoli and Isles, which is based on the novels by Maine marriage equality supporter Tess Gerritsen, and pundits on AfterEllen have rightly described the series as best lesbian buddy cop show that just doesn’t know it. That’s because Jane Rizzoli (a butch, streetwise cop) and Maura Isles (a cerebral, femme medical examiner) are clearly intimate partners even if they haven’t had sex. Though they aren’t gay or bi (yet), Alexander (who plays Isles) says, “Well, I think that if Jane were open to it, I think Maura would absolutely experiment because she’s just a little bit more open-minded in that way” and hints that Isles could be somewhere on the Kinsey scale other than 0. “They are not gay in the books, but who knows?” Fingers crossed.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model