Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 3
BY Advocate Contributors
May 17 2012 4:15 AM ET
Because we cross party lines
Stand-up comic and actor Michael Ian Black, from Reaper, Ed, and Robot Chicken, is the son of a lesbian former Social Security employee. For his new book, America, You Sexy Bitch, which is out in June, he teamed with gun-loving Republican Meghan McCain on a cross-country tour to talk to politicos, LGBT parents, gun lovers, Tea Partyers, teen moms, vets, Muslims, and hookers. He’s so cool we believe the publisher when they call it Chelsea Handler meets Hunter S. Thompson.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit 1 hour 46 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM