Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 4
BY Advocate Contributors
May 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because there’s actually a lesbian Hulu, maybe even two
Dykes have been describing Tello Films, created by Christin Mell and Nicole Valentine, as “the Hulu for lesbians” for years now. Tello’s films and Web series are all iDevice-friendly (meaning the content is compatible with iPods, iPads, etc.), making the company the leader in mobile queer-girl content. An upcoming Tello series, the teen LGBT homelessness drama The Throwaways (TelloFilms.com), should reinvent the formula for a wider audience. Meanwhile, founder Shirin Papillon’s One More Lesbian is a power aggregator of the Web’s best lesbian and bisexual video.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism