Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 4
BY Advocate Contributors
May 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because there’s actually a lesbian Hulu, maybe even two
Dykes have been describing Tello Films, created by Christin Mell and Nicole Valentine, as “the Hulu for lesbians” for years now. Tello’s films and Web series are all iDevice-friendly (meaning the content is compatible with iPods, iPads, etc.), making the company the leader in mobile queer-girl content. An upcoming Tello series, the teen LGBT homelessness drama The Throwaways (TelloFilms.com), should reinvent the formula for a wider audience. Meanwhile, founder Shirin Papillon’s One More Lesbian is a power aggregator of the Web’s best lesbian and bisexual video.
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- Why Are We Gay?
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Op-ed: How Queer Fashion Is Changing the World