Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 4
BY Advocate Contributors
May 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because we have super moms too
Readers everywhere have fallen in love with Amelia, a very cool mom whose Huffington Post blogs talk about her life with her family, including her already out gay 7-year-old son. Amelia demonstrates that love and support don’t mean you have all the answers, simply that you’re willing to let your kid guide you on who they are becoming as it happens. In her blog Amelia explains how she has dealt with friends, family, and school officials as her son (who claims his boyfriend is Glee’s Blaine) bucks gender norms and expresses same-sex affinities. This spring Amelia’s husband even chimed in, to extinguish any readers’ concerns that dad’s not on board. He is.
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Lack of Competent Providers Leaves Many LGBTs Uninsured & Untreated