Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 4
BY Advocate Contributors
May 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because we’re the stars of the science fair
Gay science writer Jesse Bering’s new book, Why Is the Penis Shaped Like That? And Other Reflections on Being Human, is brainy and hilarious, and at a time when federal funding for sexuality research is at stake, Bering makes the case that sex is a deeply crucial aspect of science and humanity for us to understand. Maybe someone should send Bering’s collection of essays to some of our more prudish Congress members who don’t believe the science of sex and gender should be studied. As he writes, “Data don’t cringe; people do.”
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- WATCH: Young and Gay in Belgrade Focuses on LGBT Serbian Bravery Amid Bigotry
- Op-ed: No, You Shouldn't Raise 150K for Homophobes