Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 4
BY Advocate Contributors
May 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because we’re the stars of the science fair
Gay science writer Jesse Bering’s new book, Why Is the Penis Shaped Like That? And Other Reflections on Being Human, is brainy and hilarious, and at a time when federal funding for sexuality research is at stake, Bering makes the case that sex is a deeply crucial aspect of science and humanity for us to understand. Maybe someone should send Bering’s collection of essays to some of our more prudish Congress members who don’t believe the science of sex and gender should be studied. As he writes, “Data don’t cringe; people do.”
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Dear Cardinal Raymond Burke, I Am Your Gay Blood
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'