Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 4
BY Advocate Contributors
May 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Because we walk with purpose
When activist Richard Noble announced his plan to carry the rainbow flag all the way across the United States, skepticism was plentiful. After he alerted the media, just one local photographer showed up in San Francisco for the send-off in March 2011. Noble spent the next month walking from one end of California to the other, and he kept on walking all the way to Louisiana, where he arrived a year later. Soon he’ll reach Florida. All along the way, Noble has met with lawmakers and pressed the case for a comprehensive federal equal rights bill. Now transgender man Mikal Chall is following in his footsteps with a plan to walk from California to the District of Columbia on behalf of all “second-class citizens.”
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Is 'Transface' a Problem in Hollywood?