What's Your Reason for Pride?
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 24 2013 8:00 AM ET
This Pride month The Advocate wants to know: What makes you proud to be LGBT?
Is it because voters took our side in Washington, Maine, and Maryland? Is it because athletes like Robbie Rogers and Jason Collins aren't afraid to come out?
There are so many reasons to be proud in our personal lives, too. Maybe you just came out. Maybe you're proud of your supportive parents. Maybe you are proud of your new fiancé.
Whatever it is that makes your proud, share that reason with us, and we might just share it with the world! The most inspiring reasons (or the ones that just make us smile) will be featured in a custom-designed cover photo on Facebook and on Advocate.com.
HOW TO SUBMIT A REASON FOR PRIDE
We're open to all kinds of formats. Send us a note, or get even more creative.
- Send us your reason on Twitter by using the hashtag #PrideIsHot
- Or, email us at [email protected].
- Post a video on YouTube or Vine explaining your reason, then send us the link.
- Take a self-portait of you holding a piece of paper that explains your reason.
WHAT MAKES US PROUD
We've already put together a list of things that makes us proud this year. Feel free to borrow liberally if one strikes a chord. Check out the list
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Google's International Women's Day Doodle Includes Trans Women
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM