What's Your Reason for Pride?
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 24 2013 7:00 AM ET
This Pride month The Advocate wants to know: What makes you proud to be LGBT?
Is it because voters took our side in Washington, Maine, and Maryland? Is it because athletes like Robbie Rogers and Jason Collins aren't afraid to come out?
There are so many reasons to be proud in our personal lives, too. Maybe you just came out. Maybe you're proud of your supportive parents. Maybe you are proud of your new fiancé.
Whatever it is that makes your proud, share that reason with us, and we might just share it with the world! The most inspiring reasons (or the ones that just make us smile) will be featured in a custom-designed cover photo on Facebook and on Advocate.com.
HOW TO SUBMIT A REASON FOR PRIDE
We're open to all kinds of formats. Send us a note, or get even more creative.
- Send us your reason on Twitter by using the hashtag #PrideIsHot
- Or, email us at email@example.com.
- Post a video on YouTube or Vine explaining your reason, then send us the link.
- Take a self-portait of you holding a piece of paper that explains your reason.
WHAT MAKES US PROUD
We've already put together a list of things that makes us proud this year. Feel free to borrow liberally if one strikes a chord. Check out the list
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Op-ed: Separate or Together?
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM