WATCH: Father's Day and Pride Collide at West Hollywood's 'Pop Luck' Brunch
BY Sunnivie Brydum
June 17 2013 5:06 PM ET
Sunday was Father's Day, but it also happened to be the conclusion of Pride week in Los Angeles, so the gayborhood of West Hollywood hosted a special brunch for gay dads and their children.
The city's local ABC affiliate, KABC, reported on the third annual Pop Luck Brunch, held at landmark gay bar the Abbey on Sunday. More than 100 gay fathers attended the brunch with their gaybies in tow.
"I'm raising two kids, and I always want our kids to know other families like ours," Pop Luck president John Ireland told KABC. "We're lucky, living in Los Angeles, there are a lot of gay and lesbian families, but it's important that our kids know that this is something that's common."
The Pop Luck Club bills itself as the largest gay fathers club in world, founded in 1998 by a group of gay men hoping to create a community for gay dads, prospective fathers, and their families to share resources, support, and, of course, tasty food.
Watch the video below.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM