What Are We Thankful For?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 27 2013 7:15 AM ET
That the Scouts Are a Little More Welcoming
As an Eagle Scout, I am thankful that the Boy Scouts of America voted in May to overturn its ban on gay youth. Beginning in 2014, any young man, regardless of sexual orientation, will be able to take part in an organization that has fostered character, a love of nature, and a sense of community for more than a century. Hopefully, the BSA will soon drop its prohibition on gay leaders, so that LGBT parents may be able to share in these important life moments with their children. —Daniel Reynolds
Tags: Arts & Entertainment
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law