Broadway's Nick Adams vs. New York Bar
BY Ross von Metzke
July 28 2009 12:00 AM ET
"I work with a group called Live Out Loud, I'm constantly doing work with Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, so if they want to donate a check or cash to that, awesome. An apology letter that sort of makes it look like I was confused about what was happening is not what I was looking for."
Despite everything, Adams says he's shocked and thrilled at the response he's received from friends and fans.
"It's been tough times for [the gay community], and I think people are more sensitive now to little things like this that, in 2009, are just unacceptable. And especially with the help of the Internet -- we're a strong community, we have a lot of pride, and I think it's beautiful to see people I don't know back me up on this and say, 'We shouldn't have to deal with this.'"
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 2 hours 39 min ago
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM