Broadway's Nick Adams vs. New York Bar
BY Ross von Metzke
July 28 2009 12:00 AM ET
"I work with a group called Live Out Loud, I'm constantly doing work with Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, so if they want to donate a check or cash to that, awesome. An apology letter that sort of makes it look like I was confused about what was happening is not what I was looking for."
Despite everything, Adams says he's shocked and thrilled at the response he's received from friends and fans.
"It's been tough times for [the gay community], and I think people are more sensitive now to little things like this that, in 2009, are just unacceptable. And especially with the help of the Internet -- we're a strong community, we have a lot of pride, and I think it's beautiful to see people I don't know back me up on this and say, 'We shouldn't have to deal with this.'"
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays