Gill Foundation Gifts Gay and Lesbian Fund Building to Rocky Mountain PBS
BY Camille Beredjick
July 18 2012 5:01 PM ET
The Gay and Lesbian Fund for Colorado, a Colorado Springs LGBT organization with a 15-year history, closed its doors in 2011, according to local blog the Colorado Springs Independent. The Fund's building on Costilla Street will go to Rocky Mountain PBS and eventually lead to the creation of the Tim Gill Center for Public Media, upholding the building's legacy as an open space fostering community and inclusiveness.
The Center will offer free public meeting space to nonprofits starting in September. According to an announcement by Gill Foundation president Tim Gill, the Gill Center will hope to "create cross-platform content, increase the collective impact of public broadcasting statewide, and link higher education with public media so that area college students can be trained with the requisite skills necessary to thrive in the new media environment."
Gill continued, "With all the changes taking place in the media, public broadcasting is more important than ever. A healthy democracy depends on informed citizens, and this new center will help public media have greater impact in Colorado."
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: In Defense of Jared Leto
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM