Virginia: Body Shop Restores Vandalized Car of Gay Student
BY Michelle Garcia
August 21 2012 7:30 PM ET
A Roanoke, Va. student whose car was vandalized four times with antigay slurs and death threats has a newly restored Volkswagen thanks to a local body shop.
Among the four vandalism incidents between March and May, someone keyed homophobobic slurs and the word, "dye [sic]" into the side of Radford University student Jordan Addison's car.
Quality Auto Paint and Body worked on Addison's car, performing more than $10,000 worth of work to the damaged vehicle for free, according to WDJB News. Addison sought repair quotes from different body shops, the least expensive of which was $2,500. He said he couldn't afford it, but when Richard Henegar saw the damage, he stepped in to do the work for free with the help of 10 other businesses that provided goods and services to fix the car.
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go To Ex-Gay Camp
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News 'Turn Back Time' For Cher's Birthday 10 min 12 sec ago
- Women Texas Judge Says Lesbian Mom Can't Live With Partner and Keep Custody of Kids 15 min 30 sec ago
- Women Bullies in California Chop Off Teen Lesbian's Hair in Possible Hate Crime 16 min 35 sec ago
- Art Dept More Photos From Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Advocate Cover Shoot 25 min 53 sec ago
- Women AMC's Cult Fave The Killing Adds Scrappy Lesbian Character to its Roster 32 min 19 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Gay Rapper Le1f Has a Steamy 'Spa Day' 43 min 46 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy 48 min 35 sec ago