David Dean Bottrell's One-Man Show Will Benefit JD Disalvatore's Medical Expenses
BY Camille Beredjick
August 23 2012 10:22 AM ET
Actor and writer David Dean Bottrell says the proceeds from the final performance of his one-man show will help cover medical expenses for JD Disalvatore, a prominent lesbian producer and director who was recently diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.
Bottrell is an actor and screenwriter best known for his portrayal of Lincoln Meyer on Boston Legal. His 70-minute solo show, David Dean Bottrell Makes Love, premiered in 2011 and is back for two more performances.
In addition, Bottrell has announced that all profits from the show's final performance on Saturday will assist Disalvatore, a prominent but uninsured artist and activist whose cancer diagnosis has left her with hefty medical bills. Other friends and supporters have already launched fund-raising efforts to help Disalvatore cover her medical costs.
The final performance of David Dean Bottrell Makes Love is at Theatre Asylum Saturday at 7 p.m. Tickets cost $10. Click here for more information.
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM