David Dean Bottrell's One-Man Show Will Benefit JD Disalvatore's Medical Expenses
BY Camille Beredjick
August 23 2012 11:22 AM ET
Actor and writer David Dean Bottrell says the proceeds from the final performance of his one-man show will help cover medical expenses for JD Disalvatore, a prominent lesbian producer and director who was recently diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.
Bottrell is an actor and screenwriter best known for his portrayal of Lincoln Meyer on Boston Legal. His 70-minute solo show, David Dean Bottrell Makes Love, premiered in 2011 and is back for two more performances.
In addition, Bottrell has announced that all profits from the show's final performance on Saturday will assist Disalvatore, a prominent but uninsured artist and activist whose cancer diagnosis has left her with hefty medical bills. Other friends and supporters have already launched fund-raising efforts to help Disalvatore cover her medical costs.
The final performance of David Dean Bottrell Makes Love is at Theatre Asylum Saturday at 7 p.m. Tickets cost $10. Click here for more information.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series