Hetrick-Martin Awards Ceremony, Party Set for Monday in NYC
BY Trudy Ring
October 26 2012 10:06 PM ET
Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, the makers of the documentary film Bully, and Time Warner will be honored by the Hetrick-Martin Institute, an LGBT youth services group, Monday night, and there are still tickets for the awards ceremony’s gala after-party.
They are this year’s recipients of the Emery Awards, which the institute bestows “in celebration of individuals and corporations that exemplify HMI’s mission of providing a safe and supportive environment for all young people,” according to a press release. The ceremony will begin at 6 p.m. at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City.
The after-party, beginning at 9 p.m. at the Altman Building, will feature a performance by Grammy-winner Estelle. Andy Bell of Erasure will be a DJ for the party, as will popular New York DJ Jonjon Battles. There will be an open bar, hors d’oeuvres, desserts, and plenty of dancing.
All proceeds benefit the institute, which provides a variety of services for young people and is the host agency for Harvey Milk High School, an alternative public school for at-risk LGBT students. For tickets, click here.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 10 min 41 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 25 min 4 sec ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 45 min 34 sec ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM