PHOTOS: Seattle Speaks Up for Global Speak Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 06 2013 3:00 AM ET
Hundreds of people gathered outside the Seattle Russian Consular Residence Tuesday for a peaceful demonstration supporting LGBT human rights in Russia and demanding the repeal of the country's antigay laws. The demonstration, which was co-organized by Dan Savage and Seattle mayor Mike McGinn, was timed to take place one day before Western leaders met with President Vladimir Putin at the G20 Summit in St. Petersburg, Russia. The rally was one of many Global Speak Out events being held worldwide that day and was endorsed by several LGBT organization,s including All Out, GLAAD, and the Human Rights Campaign. Take a look at photos from the event on the following pages.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- WATCH: Trans Advocate Brynn Tannehill's Powerful Advice on Anger, Allies
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'