PHOTOS: Seattle Speaks Up for Global Speak Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 06 2013 3:00 AM ET
Hundreds of people gathered outside the Seattle Russian Consular Residence Tuesday for a peaceful demonstration supporting LGBT human rights in Russia and demanding the repeal of the country's antigay laws. The demonstration, which was co-organized by Dan Savage and Seattle mayor Mike McGinn, was timed to take place one day before Western leaders met with President Vladimir Putin at the G20 Summit in St. Petersburg, Russia. The rally was one of many Global Speak Out events being held worldwide that day and was endorsed by several LGBT organization,s including All Out, GLAAD, and the Human Rights Campaign. Take a look at photos from the event on the following pages.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community