PHOTOS: Stars Shine for L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center's Anniversary Gala
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 11 2013 11:52 AM ET
The Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center's anniversary gala brought out the stars Saturday for the 42nd Annual Vanguard Awards, honoring individuals and organizations at the forefront of the local, national, and international movements for LGBT equality.
After cocktails and a silent auction, the star-studded event at the Westin Bonaventure in downtown Los Angeles welcomed guests with a dinner and entertainment program, concluding the night with a live auction. The evening's honorees included out NBA center Jason Collins' Xiaogang Wei, the founder of China's first AIDS Walk' and instant streaming giant Netflix, which commissioned the critically acclaimed and groundbreaking drama Orange Is the New Black.
Peruse photos of the stars and advocates who came out to support the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center Saturday on the following pages.
Singer Lance Bass (right) and his fiancé, actor Michael Turchin, smile for the cameras at the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center's 42nd Anniversary Vanguard Awards Gala.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Truly Social Networking
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 1 hour 10 min ago
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 2 hours 12 min ago
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM