Out100: The Activists Who Shaped 2013
BY Advocate Contributors
November 13 2013 10:00 AM ET
Cassidy Lynn Campbell
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Campbell, 16, documented her gender transition on YouTube, then entered the race for homecoming queen at her high school in Orange County, Calif., to make a point. And she won. Despite some vicious responses after the story hit the national media this year, Campbell told the Los Angeles Times, “I realized it’s bigger than me. I’m doing this for the kids who can’t be themselves.”
Photographed at Milk Studios in Los Angeles on October 8, 2013
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Original Intent of Indiana-Type Laws Has Been Warped