Out100: The Activists Who Shaped 2013
BY Advocate Contributors
November 13 2013 10:00 AM ET
Leader and Political Strategist
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Griffin was appointed president of the Human Rights Campaign in 2012, but by then the political consultant, fundraiser, and former White House staffer had already become an avatar of LGBT equality. In 2009, he co-founded the American Foundation for Equal Rights to organize, publicize, and fund the lawsuit against Proposition 8.
Photographed at Fast Ashley’s Studio in Brooklyn, N.Y., on October 2, 2013
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: How Laramie Finally Made Judy Shepard Proud