Out100: The Activists Who Shaped 2013
BY Advocate Contributors
November 13 2013 9:00 AM ET
Leader and Political Strategist
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Griffin was appointed president of the Human Rights Campaign in 2012, but by then the political consultant, fundraiser, and former White House staffer had already become an avatar of LGBT equality. In 2009, he co-founded the American Foundation for Equal Rights to organize, publicize, and fund the lawsuit against Proposition 8.
Photographed at Fast Ashley’s Studio in Brooklyn, N.Y., on October 2, 2013
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Op-ed: How Tom Saved Finland