Out100: The Activists Who Shaped 2013
BY Advocate Contributors
November 13 2013 10:00 AM ET
Leader and Political Strategist
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Griffin was appointed president of the Human Rights Campaign in 2012, but by then the political consultant, fundraiser, and former White House staffer had already become an avatar of LGBT equality. In 2009, he co-founded the American Foundation for Equal Rights to organize, publicize, and fund the lawsuit against Proposition 8.
Photographed at Fast Ashley’s Studio in Brooklyn, N.Y., on October 2, 2013
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'