Out100: The Activists Who Shaped 2013
BY Advocate Contributors
November 13 2013 10:00 AM ET
Leader and Political Strategist
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Griffin was appointed president of the Human Rights Campaign in 2012, but by then the political consultant, fundraiser, and former White House staffer had already become an avatar of LGBT equality. In 2009, he co-founded the American Foundation for Equal Rights to organize, publicize, and fund the lawsuit against Proposition 8.
Photographed at Fast Ashley’s Studio in Brooklyn, N.Y., on October 2, 2013
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples