Dad Helps Son Come Out With Heartwarming Letter
BY Jase Peeples
March 15 2013 3:55 PM ET
The equal rights organization FCKH8 shared a note on their Facebook page today that's giving those who read it a warm and fuzzy feeling.
When the father of a closeted gay teen overheard his son’s plans to come out to his family, he decided to write him a letter telling him it wasn’t necessary because he already knew – and it didn’t make any difference.
The letter reads:
I overheard your phone conversation with Mike last night about your plans to come out to me. The only thing I need you to plan is to bring home OJ and bread after class. We are out, like you now.
I’ve known you were gay since you were six, I’ve love you since you were born.
P.S. Your mom and I think you and Mike make a cute couple.
The letter is the latest in a series of wonderful coming out stories that have recently gone viral on the internet including those of New Jersey teen Jacob Rudolph whose parents shared a video of their son coming out at his high school graduation and the young lesbian named Laurel whose mother “cried of happiness” after the 15-year-old came out to her family by baking a cake with the words “I’m gay” written in frosting.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM