Dad Helps Son Come Out With Heartwarming Letter
BY Jase Peeples
March 15 2013 2:55 PM ET
The equal rights organization FCKH8 shared a note on their Facebook page today that's giving those who read it a warm and fuzzy feeling.
When the father of a closeted gay teen overheard his son’s plans to come out to his family, he decided to write him a letter telling him it wasn’t necessary because he already knew – and it didn’t make any difference.
The letter reads:
I overheard your phone conversation with Mike last night about your plans to come out to me. The only thing I need you to plan is to bring home OJ and bread after class. We are out, like you now.
I’ve known you were gay since you were six, I’ve love you since you were born.
P.S. Your mom and I think you and Mike make a cute couple.
The letter is the latest in a series of wonderful coming out stories that have recently gone viral on the internet including those of New Jersey teen Jacob Rudolph whose parents shared a video of their son coming out at his high school graduation and the young lesbian named Laurel whose mother “cried of happiness” after the 15-year-old came out to her family by baking a cake with the words “I’m gay” written in frosting.
- Music The Shondes: On Mixing Music & Politics 5 min 3 sec ago
- Travel London's Gay Travel Expo: Pool Party, Models, Giant Shoes 47 min 4 sec ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Underwear Models for Affordable Healthcare 47 min 40 sec ago
- Transgender Calif. Athletic Commission Considers Licensing Trans Athletes 53 min 5 sec ago
- Religion Antigay Archbishop Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor 59 min 18 sec ago
- Politics Maddow to Putin: Ha! Take That! 1 hour 32 min ago
- Politics Pa. Gov. Comes Out for LGBT Employment Protections 1 hour 33 min ago