Dad Helps Son Come Out With Heartwarming Letter
BY Jase Peeples
March 15 2013 3:55 PM ET
The equal rights organization FCKH8 shared a note on their Facebook page today that's giving those who read it a warm and fuzzy feeling.
When the father of a closeted gay teen overheard his son’s plans to come out to his family, he decided to write him a letter telling him it wasn’t necessary because he already knew – and it didn’t make any difference.
The letter reads:
I overheard your phone conversation with Mike last night about your plans to come out to me. The only thing I need you to plan is to bring home OJ and bread after class. We are out, like you now.
I’ve known you were gay since you were six, I’ve love you since you were born.
P.S. Your mom and I think you and Mike make a cute couple.
The letter is the latest in a series of wonderful coming out stories that have recently gone viral on the internet including those of New Jersey teen Jacob Rudolph whose parents shared a video of their son coming out at his high school graduation and the young lesbian named Laurel whose mother “cried of happiness” after the 15-year-old came out to her family by baking a cake with the words “I’m gay” written in frosting.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Military PHOTOS: Shirtless, Sweaty Naval Academy Freshman Climb Greased Obelisk 8 min 27 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer and Amber Tamblyn Watch Porn and Make Out 21 min 5 sec ago
- Art When Shel Silverstein Covered Fire Island for Playboy 29 min 41 sec ago
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 1 hour 11 min ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 1 hour 29 min ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 1 hour 52 min ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 1 hour 58 min ago