Six Great Things That Happened This Week
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 15 2013 2:26 PM ET
The U.S. Senate Got its First Republican Supporter of Marriage Equality
Ohio Senator Rob Portman today announced "a change of heart" over marriage equality spurred on because his son is gay. Portman is a high-profile member of his party and was often mentioned as a potential vice presidential pick for Mitt Romney. He's President George W. Bush's former budget director. And he credits former vice president Dick Cheney, an advocate for marriage equality whose daughter is a lesbian, with advising him to "do the right thing, follow your heart," according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Portman is pictured above with his son.
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series