Meet the 2011 Point Scholars
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2011 2:30 AM ET
- from Corpus Christi, Tex.
- pursuing an MA in public affairs/administration at the University of Texas at Austin
How do you feel your Point Scholarship will change or help your future?
As someone who aims to pursue a career in LGBT policy, I am extremely grateful that the Point Foundation will not only help me finance my education at Georgetown University, which is at the center of all things policy and politics, but that they will also provide me with an opportunity to learn from a mentor who has already forged a similar path. This guidance, as well as the leadership training Point offers, will help me continue to grow as a leader in the LGBT community.
In conjunction with Point, how do you wish to make difference in the LGBT community?
I am excited to now be a part of the Point Foundation family because their goals parallel my own desires to help empower LGBT people to become self-fulfilled individuals and leaders. I hope to continue to do this by helping Point grow as an organization and to utilize Point's resources as I begin my career in policy-making and implementation, providing necessary resources and combating discrimination against LGBT people in general and LGBT people of color in particular.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 51 min 2 sec ago
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 1 hour 8 min ago
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 1 hour 16 min ago
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 1 hour 41 min ago
- Film WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online 1 hour 44 min ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 2 hours 17 min ago
- Media Michelle Malkin Sells Twitter Aggregator to Christian Media Company 2 hours 21 min ago