Meet the 2011 Point Scholars
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2011 3:30 AM ET
- from Glenn Dale, Md.
- pursuing an MBA at New York University Stern School of Business
How do you feel your Point Scholarship will change or help your future?
The Point Foundation will have a tremendous effect on my life. This opportunity will allow me to access educational, financial, and professional resources that would otherwise be out of reach. Being a part of an accomplished, diverse and supportive intergenerational community of LGBT individuals is an experience that few are able to share. Not only will the support that I receive and the connections that I make through The Point Foundation influence how I conduct business in the future, but it will also have a significant impact on my commitment to aid and mentor the LGBTs of future generations.
In conjunction with Point, how do you wish to make difference in the LGBT community?
With the support and guidance of The Point Foundation, I hope to make a lasting impact by helping more LGBTs enter the business arena and expand our opportunities in leadership positions. The lack of LGBT representation in business has a critical and direct bearing on the ability of the community to influence political and social outcomes. Conversely, increasing LGBT representation in leadership positions is significant because it will bring unique and important insight into the marketplace. Diversity and collaboration drive innovation and are essential to unveiling new and rewarding ideas, products and strategies that will benefit society as a whole. My goals are to encourage individuals to enter the business world and to support companies as they institute processes that make the work environment more productive and welcoming for LGBTs.
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade 1 hour 54 min ago
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM