Meet the 2011 Point Scholars
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2011 2:30 AM ET
- from Glenn Dale, Md.
- pursuing an MBA at New York University Stern School of Business
How do you feel your Point Scholarship will change or help your future?
The Point Foundation will have a tremendous effect on my life. This opportunity will allow me to access educational, financial, and professional resources that would otherwise be out of reach. Being a part of an accomplished, diverse and supportive intergenerational community of LGBT individuals is an experience that few are able to share. Not only will the support that I receive and the connections that I make through The Point Foundation influence how I conduct business in the future, but it will also have a significant impact on my commitment to aid and mentor the LGBTs of future generations.
In conjunction with Point, how do you wish to make difference in the LGBT community?
With the support and guidance of The Point Foundation, I hope to make a lasting impact by helping more LGBTs enter the business arena and expand our opportunities in leadership positions. The lack of LGBT representation in business has a critical and direct bearing on the ability of the community to influence political and social outcomes. Conversely, increasing LGBT representation in leadership positions is significant because it will bring unique and important insight into the marketplace. Diversity and collaboration drive innovation and are essential to unveiling new and rewarding ideas, products and strategies that will benefit society as a whole. My goals are to encourage individuals to enter the business world and to support companies as they institute processes that make the work environment more productive and welcoming for LGBTs.
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM