Meet the 2011 Point Scholars
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2011 3:30 AM ET
- from Brooklyn, N.Y.
- pursuing an MFA in creative writing at the University of Iowa
How do you feel your Point Scholarship will change or help your future?
I think that the Point Scholarship will allow me to complete my graduate degree without taking on additional financial burdens to complete my education, and help me considerably along the road towards being a published author.
In conjunction with Point, how do you wish to make difference in the LGBT community?
I hope to make a difference in the LGBT community by writing and publishing books that are reflective of a broad range of experiences within the community, shedding light on stories of marginalized people, especially queer people of color.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun