Meet the 2011 Point Scholars
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2011 3:30 AM ET
- from Brooklyn, N.Y.
- pursuing an MFA in creative writing at the University of Iowa
How do you feel your Point Scholarship will change or help your future?
I think that the Point Scholarship will allow me to complete my graduate degree without taking on additional financial burdens to complete my education, and help me considerably along the road towards being a published author.
In conjunction with Point, how do you wish to make difference in the LGBT community?
I hope to make a difference in the LGBT community by writing and publishing books that are reflective of a broad range of experiences within the community, shedding light on stories of marginalized people, especially queer people of color.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- WATCH: Navy Baseball Players Sing 'Brozen'
- WATCH: Picking Up Random Strangers Of The Same Sex
- WATCH: Cokie Roberts Stands Up to Antigay Religious Activists