Meet the 2011 Point Scholars
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2011 2:30 AM ET
- from Brooklyn, N.Y.
- pursuing an MFA in creative writing at the University of Iowa
How do you feel your Point Scholarship will change or help your future?
I think that the Point Scholarship will allow me to complete my graduate degree without taking on additional financial burdens to complete my education, and help me considerably along the road towards being a published author.
In conjunction with Point, how do you wish to make difference in the LGBT community?
I hope to make a difference in the LGBT community by writing and publishing books that are reflective of a broad range of experiences within the community, shedding light on stories of marginalized people, especially queer people of color.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- WATCH: Teen Uses Bar Mitzvah Speech to Call for Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 1 hour 44 min ago
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 2 hours 45 min ago
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 2 hours 45 min ago
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM