Meet the 2011 Point Scholars
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2011 3:30 AM ET
- from Brooklyn, N.Y.
- pursuing an MFA in creative writing at the University of Iowa
How do you feel your Point Scholarship will change or help your future?
I think that the Point Scholarship will allow me to complete my graduate degree without taking on additional financial burdens to complete my education, and help me considerably along the road towards being a published author.
In conjunction with Point, how do you wish to make difference in the LGBT community?
I hope to make a difference in the LGBT community by writing and publishing books that are reflective of a broad range of experiences within the community, shedding light on stories of marginalized people, especially queer people of color.
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 4 min 26 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 20 min 9 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 36 min 44 sec ago
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 54 min 44 sec ago
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 56 min 51 sec ago
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 1 hour 26 min ago
- Women WATCH: Australia's Sexy New Lesbian Web Series Starting From ... Now! 2 hours 19 min ago