Triumphs and Setbacks of Gay Straight Alliances
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
August 01 2011 6:40 PM ET
September 2011: After months of controversy, the the Kennewick School District in Kennewick, Wash., changed its stance and announced at a packed school board meeting that it had decided to allow a GSA the same privileges it afforded other clubs, including full access to resources, like the school public address system, newspapers, and yearbooks.
Students rejoiced at the news, saying they were glad to have all clubs considered equal.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Jamie Foxx Called Out for Crossing Line on Bruce Jenner Jokes
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview