Triumphs and Setbacks of Gay Straight Alliances
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
August 01 2011 5:40 PM ET
September 2011: After months of controversy, the the Kennewick School District in Kennewick, Wash., changed its stance and announced at a packed school board meeting that it had decided to allow a GSA the same privileges it afforded other clubs, including full access to resources, like the school public address system, newspapers, and yearbooks.
Students rejoiced at the news, saying they were glad to have all clubs considered equal.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- WATCH: Pastor Gets a Taste of His 'Sodomite Semen' Lattes By Sharing Parody Video
- WATCH: NOM's Finances Are Even Worse Than We Thought
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations