Triumphs and Setbacks of Gay Straight Alliances
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
August 01 2011 6:40 PM ET
September 2011: After months of controversy, the the Kennewick School District in Kennewick, Wash., changed its stance and announced at a packed school board meeting that it had decided to allow a GSA the same privileges it afforded other clubs, including full access to resources, like the school public address system, newspapers, and yearbooks.
Students rejoiced at the news, saying they were glad to have all clubs considered equal.
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Michele Bachmann Is Back With One of Her Most Homophobic Comments Ever
- Modern Family's Gay Dad Says NO WAY to Rick Santorum Photo
- WATCH: Model Andreja Pejic Comes Out as a Transgender Woman
- Op-ed: Accepting My Partner's Gender Transformation